Friday, February 27, 2015

Trans-America 2/14/15

"Yet a nation like France is said to permit a formal and legal dual citizenship even at
the present time". 

     Becoming a citizen of the United States, was one of the most important aspect of my life. My mother and my self-became citizen in 1997. And many doors opened, one of them was in college, and the Department of Social Service, may look at you differently. The respect you get immediately is very well appreciated. As we all know many immigrants come to the United States in search of a better future.


        My family came to the United States in 1989, I was approximately 12 yrs old. It was a family of two parents and three children. However the future play a big trick. Everything was great, I was exposed to friends whose mother had a boyfriend and received Social Service benefits. However some of the boyfriends had good jobs and pay most of the house bills. In my case my dad, had become ill and my mother had to work to support the house with some social service benefits. As I grew and realize, what those people had done was, not ethical for the person or for the country that provided us an opportunity to grow. I promised myself, I will benefit from the Social Service Department, only as needed. Like a Doctor prescription. I am currently supporting my two daughters and attending school, to break the cycle of taking advantage of the system. That money is needed by many other people in the states, and can't benefit due to the fact that the government doesn't trust the Citizen's or Immigrants.

No comments:

Post a Comment